International travel trends indicate that travellers want to visit more remote places, seeking a genuine connection with nature and untouched wilderness. And there is nowhere on Earth quite like Antarctica.
Soaring summits draped with layer upon layer of ice, fathoms deep. Oceans teeming with inquisitive whales, sleek seals and porpoising penguins. Glaciers tumbling into glittering bays, littered with icebergs of an astounding variety of shapes and sizes. Visiting Antarctica is an unforgettable experience, one that leaves people feeling inspired, in awe of nature and perhaps even transformed.
We understand that the cost of a trip to Antarctica may be prohibitive for many people, but we can assure you that if you are seeking a genuinely inimitable adventure, it doesn’t get much better than Antarctica.
Read more: Top myths about travelling to Antarctica
How much does a trip to Antarctica cost?
So how much does a trip to Antarctica cost and what’s included on an expedition with Aurora Expeditions? Let’s get straight to the point. The price of a voyage to Antarctica with Aurora Expeditions starts from around $12,500 USD per person twin share in an Aurora Stateroom. As part of the voyage you can expect to receive the following:
- One night’s pre-cruise hotel accommodation
- Half day city tour in Ushuaia for voyages starting in Ushuaia
- Accommodation with private bathroom facilities and amenities
- Three delicious meals per day
- House wines, beers and soft drinks are included with dinner
- Excursions including Zodiac cruises, hikes, plus activities such as camping, photography (on selected voyages) and a refreshing polar plunge swim!*
- A reusable thermal mug and complimentary tea and coffee on board
- Informative presentations from an experienced expedition team who are experts in their chosen fields
- Your own 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket with a removable insulated liner
- Complimentary use of insulated, waterproof Muck boots throughout the expedition
- Use of ship facilities such as sauna, fitness centre, basic medical clinic and English-speaking doctor
- Flights to/from Punta Arenas & King George Island or Stanley (selected voyages)
Please note, the inclusions mentioned above are for the Greg Mortimer.
Read more: When is the best time to go to Antarctica?
The only times you should need your wallet are if you choose to purchase extras such as internet, laundry, additional drinks not included with dinner, gratuities**, or anything purchased at the ship shop.
But these are only the tangible inclusions. Your trip also includes access to the world’s most remote places on board a purpose-built, state-of-the-art expedition vessel; encounters with wildlife not found anywhere else on Earth; the company of like-minded adventurers in a small group environment, and all of this while being looked after by our exceptional and attentive expedition team – we think they’re the best in the industry!
There is no denying that a trip to Antarctica can be a substantial financial investment, but if you ask any of our returning passengers, they will tell you that the experience is priceless.
Read more: 5 reasons why small ships are best
How to get the best deal to Antarctica
Book as far in advance as you can. You won’t find last-minute bargain basement discounts with us, but we do offer early bird deals, so get in early to save. For solo travellers, we offer a ‘Happy to Share’ service that eliminates single supplement surcharges. Sign up for our mailing list and be the first to hear about our early bird offers and new itineraries.
Contact us to find out about payment plans. When you plan a trip with Aurora Expeditions, we will support you with a range of payment options to ensure that the process is manageable and stress-free.
*Kayaking, mountaineering and some other activities incur an additional cost. Please contact us to find out more.
** Note: A US$15 per person per day gratuity for the crew is automatically added to your onboard account. It is at your discretion if you would like to remove the tip (or adjust the amount) when you settle your account. It is not necessary to tip the expedition team members. This gratuity amount is included for suites as part of their ‘Suite Benefits’.