In the ever-evolving landscape of travel, clients are increasingly seeking unique and extraordinary experiences. As a travel advisor, presenting opportunities that transcend the ordinary is key to capturing your clients’ imaginations. In this blog post, we’ll explore the allure of Northwest Passage voyages with Aurora Expeditions and provide you with valuable tips on how to effectively sell these awe-inspiring journeys to your diverse clientele.
Understanding the appeal of the Northwest Passage
The Northwest Passage is not just a destination – it’s a voyage through time, a passage through mystery and a bridge to cultural exchange. As travel advisors, conveying the unique allure of the Northwest Passage will undoubtedly captivate the imaginations of clients seeking a truly exceptional and transformative adventure. Let’s dive into the region’s unique selling points in more detail.
Fascinating History of Exploration
The Northwest Passage holds an indelible place in the annals of exploration. For centuries, it was the elusive route sought by adventurers and explorers – a fabled shortcut connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The allure of discovering this passage drove iconic explorers like Sir John Franklin, whose ill-fated expedition left a legacy shrouded in mystery.
Today, Aurora Expeditions’ voyages allow travellers to trace the footsteps of these intrepid explorers, unravelling the historical tapestry of the Arctic and connecting with a sense of adventure that has captivated imaginations for generations.
Synonymous with Mystery
The Northwest Passage is synonymous with mystery, and its allure lies in the untamed wilderness that has remained largely untouched. The Arctic’s vast expanses, icy landscapes and hidden passages create an air of mystery, offering travellers the chance to delve into the unknown. The shifting ice, captivating auroras and the ever-present possibility of wildlife sightings contribute to an atmosphere of anticipation, making every moment an exploration into the enigmatic heart of the Arctic.
Gateway to Cultural Exchange
Beyond the natural wonders, the Northwest Passage is a gateway to cultural exchange with the indigenous Inuit communities. Aurora Expeditions’ voyages prioritise respectful encounters with these communities, fostering a deeper understanding of their traditions and ways of life.
We’re proud to partner with Oxen’s Community Ambassador Program and look forward to welcoming ambassadors on board select Northwest Passage expeditions in 2024 and 2025.
Through this program, travellers have the opportunity to have meaningful interactions with Inuit, gaining insights into the challenges and resilience of the people who call this remote region home. It also reduces barriers to access for opportunities within the expedition cruise industry for Inuit and increases the economic and social benefits of tourism to Inuit communities.
The cultural exchange adds a rich layer to the expedition, offering a holistic exploration that goes beyond the physical landscapes to embrace the human stories that define the Arctic.
What kind of clients will be drawn to Northwest Passage expeditions?
The Northwest Passage, with its untouched landscapes and rich history, is a destination that appeals to a specific kind of traveller. Understanding who these voyages resonate with will empower you to tailor your approach and make compelling recommendations.
The Northwest Passage is a dream destination for those seeking an authentic and off-the-beaten-path adventure. Clients with a passion for exploration, a thirst for discovery and a desire to witness nature’s raw beauty. They will find it hard not to be captivated by the region’s untamed landscapes, which provide a sense of isolation in a place that only a small percentage of adventurous travellers have been before them.
Appeal to clients who are drawn to the wonders of the natural world. The chance to witness iconic Arctic wildlife – from seals to seabirds – in their natural habitat, surrounded by dramatic scenery including breathtaking glaciers and fjords, is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that nature enthusiasts will find irresistible.
It’s important to note that wildlife can be a bit more challenging to spot in this region. With incredibly vast landscapes on offer, wildlife is free to roam across large territories, making encounters less frequent and often from more distant viewpoints. However, this makes spotting wildlife that much more exciting when it happens. If you have clients whose main objective is to tick off Arctic wildlife, consider veering them towards a Svalbard expedition instead.
For clients interested in immersing themselves in diverse cultures and histories, the Northwest Passage offers encounters with Inuit communities and archaeological sites. The opportunity to connect with local traditions and gain insights into the region’s rich heritage will resonate with those seeking a more immersive travel experience.
Why should clients discover the Northwest Passage with Aurora Expeditions?
- Aurora Expeditions are polar pioneers, with over 33 years’ experience delivering life changing adventures to the polar regions.
- In true expedition style we encourage exploration and adventure, offering flexibility in challenging environments (for example ice and weather conditions) in a way that puts your clients among the action to see and do as much as possible.
- Our two new purpose-built ships serve as a comfortable base camp for Northwest Passage adventures.
- Aurora Expeditions’ commitment to providing an authentic, small-group experience ensures that travellers can immerse themselves in the history, mystery and cultural tapestry of this extraordinary region. Limited passenger numbers create an intimate setting, fostering a sense of camaraderie among like-minded adventurers. Your clients can enjoy unparalleled access to pristine landscapes that larger vessels cannot provide.
- Aurora Expeditions offers sea kayaking on all of our Northwest Passage expeditions so that travellers can absorb the humbling wilderness of the Canadian High Arctic as it unfolds in front of their eyes.
- We are proud to host Inuit Ambassadors on select Northwest Passage itineraries, to enhance the experience of your clients by opening up opportunities to learn from and share experiences with Inuit.
- With expert historians, geologists, photographers and more, our world-class Expedition Team adds a layer of educational enrichment to our Northwest Passage itineraries. Knowing that seasoned professionals will guide them through this challenging terrain provides clients with confidence and peace of mind.
- Aurora Expeditions is committed to sustainability and responsible tourism, and creating ambassadors for the planet. For environmentally conscious clients, knowing that their journey contributes to conservation efforts may be a decisive factor.
Selling Northwest Passage voyages with Aurora Expeditions is about painting a vivid picture of a journey into the unknown – a voyage filled with unparalleled beauty, cultural richness and extraordinary wildlife. By understanding your clients’ passions and leveraging the unique selling points of these expeditions, you can inspire them to embark on an adventure that transcends the boundaries of conventional travel.
Want to learn more about the Northwest Passage? Learn more about the region’s culture, intriguing history, mysteries and Northwest Passage facts here.
Ready to test your knowledge?
Discover our Northwest Passage program
Explore some of our unique Northwest Passage expeditions, and download or pre-order our brand-new 2024-25 Arctic & Beyond brochure below for the full range of Northwest Passage itineraries. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your Business Development Manager or access resources and sales tools in our Travel Advisors Portal.
Welcome to Aurora Expeditions’ Traversing the Northwest Passage (formally the Complete Northwest Passage) expedition.On this epic voyage inspired by Roald Amundsen’s historic expedition, we attempt to sail the full length...
From AUD $51,475.50/pp
Welcome to Aurora’s Northwest Passage expedition. The labyrinthine channels of the legendary Northwest Passage have enchanted explorers and adventurers for centuries and have been home to the local Inuit and their...
From AUD $29,836.00/pp
Arctic & Beyond 2024-25 Season Brochure
Explore our brand-new 2025 Arctic & Beyond season, which features 18 unique itineraries across Svalbard, Greenland, the Northwest Passage, Iceland, Scotland and Latin America. With four new itineraries and a mix of more shorter length adventures alongside longer Ultimate Adventure voyages, it is our most comprehensive exploration of these wild places to-date.
Every adventure has to start somewhere. Start your adventure to the world’s wild places by accessing our new brochure today.