Our new Arctic & Global 2024 season is full of life changing adventures across the wildest and most remote destinations on the planet. With 15 voyages exploring the Arctic and 3 voyages to unique Global destinations, including a new itinerary in Patagonia and the Chilean Fjords, there is an itinerary to satiate every kind of traveller’s wanderlust.
Deep dive into our new brochure to uncover the full range of exciting new itineraries on board our two purpose-built ships, the Greg Mortimer and the brand-new Sylvia Earle. Discover our expanded program of expeditions, discovery voyages and treks, and get to know the special guests who will become a highlight of your once-in-a-lifetime voyage.
Let's take a look at our top 10 new itineraries
Northern Lights Explorer
Norwegian Coast, Jan Mayen, East Greenland, Iceland | 19 Days | Discovery
Shorter days in the high latitudes means darkening evening skies, so on this voyage we stay close to the coastlines of the Arctic Circle, skirting around the Norwegian and Greenland seas, and exploring remote islands and villages of the region. As night falls, we look skywards hoping to catch the magic of the northern lights. Places located near the Arctic Circle such as northern Norway, Iceland and Greenland, are some of the best places in the world to witness this stunning light show.
- Sail in the region renown for the dazzling light show that is the aurora borealis
- Photograph dazzling icebergs in the world’s largest fjord system at Greenland’s Scoresbysund
Svalbard Archipelago | 12 Days | Expedition
Enjoy the best of Svalbard, a world of endless daylight where polar bear sightings quicken your pulse, guillemot cries echo from sea cliffs and beluga whales rise from the sea. Explore tundra adorned with wildflowers and look out for arctic fox, or discover historic camps of explorers and hunters. Push through pack ice to find walrus and bearded seals, or simply enjoy breathtakingly beautiful Norwegian fjords.
- Venture close to 80° north looking for polar bears on the pack ice
- Enjoy tundra hikes amid stunningly beautiful scenery
Patagonia & Chilean Fjords
Patagonia & Southern Chile | 15 Days | Expedition
Sail the legendary Beagle Channel and marvel at the snow-covered peaks of rugged Patagonia. Zodiac-cruise through fjords flanked by glaciers and keep watch for acrobatic dolphins, penguins and seals. Spend two days hiking and exploring in Torres del Paine National Park, renowned for its majestic granite towers and jaw-dropping landscapes. Join us on a journey exploring the fjords and coast of southern Chile and discover why Chile was voted best adventure destination in South America for three consecutive years at the World Travel Awards.
- Revel in the dramatic mountainous and glacial landscapes along the Beagle Channel
- Overnight in Torres del Paine National Park and be in awe of the majestic beauty on hikes in the park
Arctic Complete with Greg Mortimer
East Greenland & Svalbard | 24 Days | Expedition
Embark on a voyage to Svalbard, scanning for whales, the majestic polar bear and enigmatic walrus on pack ice. East Greenland dazzles with its iridescent icebergs and deep exploration in Scoresbysund – the world’s largest fjord system. Witness spectacularly colourful patterns in the sandstone rocks, visit remarkable Palaeolithic sites and have the chance to encounter musk oxen and arctic hare. Founder of Aurora Expeditions, Greg Mortimer will be joining as Expedition Leader on this unique exploratory voyage.
- Sail past Spitsbergen’s narrow sheltered waterways and fjords
- Delight in a variety of diverse terrain: ice caps, polar desert, alpine ranges, and hike through colourful tundra
Hebrides, Orkney & Shetland Islands | 12 Days | Discovery
Discover the wild isles of Scotland, from the windswept Hebrides, inhabited for over 8,000 years, to the verdant Orkney Islands, where ancient Neolithic and Viking sites conjure images of civilisations long gone. Zodiac-cruise past sea-sculpted coastlines watching for dolphins, seals, and photograph seabirds in one of Europe’s largest seabird colonies. Visit charming villages, meet the friendly locals and maybe even sample a wee dram of Scotland’s finest.
- Visit Britain’s highest sea cliffs at the World Heritage-listed St Kilda
- Discover some of Scotland’s genuinely far-flung and rugged islands, where few adventurous souls dare visit
Across the Arctic Circle with Special Guest
Scotland, Norwegian Coast, Arctic Circle & Svalbard | 15 Days | Discovery
On this expedition, Aurora combines three unique worlds on one unforgettable journey. From Stone Age villages to Iron Age forts, the Orkney and Shetland Islands reveal a proud Scottish heritage, while Vikings, fjords and fishing folk feature along the sublime Norwegian coastline, which includes a visit to famous Lofoten Islands. Crossing the Arctic Circle to Svalbard, discover a landscape of towering cliffs alive with breeding birds; a frozen wonderland of gleaming glaciers and where the mighty polar bear reigns supreme.
- Australian Author, Science Communicator and Commentator, Dr Karl, will be joining as a Special Guest
- Sail north across the imaginary line that defines the boundary of the Arctic Circle
West Greenland, Nunavut (Arctic Canada) | 17 Days | Expedition
The icy and labyrinthine channels of the legendary Northwest Passage have enchanted explorers and adventurers for centuries. Get a glimpse into the world that captivated early explorers such as Franklin, Amundsen and Larsen by exploring a portion of the fabled Northwest Passage. Visit the final resting places of some of the heroic explorers to have ventured here and experience the archipelago of islands and channels that form Canada’s High Arctic region.
- Hike on Devon Island, the world’s largest uninhabited island, with stunning geology, fjords and glacial valleys
- On Beechey Island, visit memorials and graves of explorers from John Franklin’s expedition
Costa Rica & Panama Canal
Costa Rica, Panama & Colombia | 15 Days | Discovery
Immerse yourself in the remarkable coastlines of Costa Rica and Panama. Costa Rica (the ‘rich coast’) is one of the most biodiverse regions on earth. Discover tropical rainforests teeming with outstanding variety of wildlife, brilliant birds and flamboyant flora. In Panama, discover pristine coral reefs, meet the indigenous people of the Emberá Mogue community, and learn the remarkable history of the Panama Canal on a guaranteed daylight crossing from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea.
- Explore some of the most biodiverse rainforests on earth, a chance to encounter wildlife
- Enjoy a guaranteed daylight crossing of the Panama Canal.
Svalbard in Depth
Svalbard Archipelago | 12 Days | Expedition
On this extended exploration of the Svalbard archipelago, there is ample time to enjoy the best of this magical region, a world of near-endless daylight, where polar bear sightings quicken your pulse, guillemot cries echo from towering cliffs, and beluga whales rise from the sea. With extra time for exploration, we hope to show you some of our favourite places in Svalbard, and perhaps discover some new ones. Push through pack ice to find walrus and bearded seals, and delight in the breathtakingly beautiful fjords. We don’t want you to miss out on anything!
- Cruise along blue glacier fronts and through stunning fjords
- Discover the thrill of seeing walrus, seals, whales, reindeer, arctic fox, guillemots and puffins.
Greenland | 17 Days | Expedition
Experience the enormity of Greenland, the world’s largest island, where jagged peaks pierce azure skies, and countless glaciers snake their way towards the coast. Discover ancient rocks at Skaergaard Peninsula dating back some 55 million years. Hike across the arctic tundra in search of arctic fox, reindeer and muskox, tasting delicious wild berries along the way. Zodiac-cruise along spectacular sounds where ringed, harp and hooded seals laze on the sea ice.
- Enjoy thrilling Zodiac cruises to glacier fronts and watch for tail flukes from diving whales.
- Stand in awe in front breathtakingly beautiful Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World-Heritage Site