Scott PortelliPhotography Guide
Scott Portelli is an international award-winning wildlife, nature and underwater photographer. A member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) and is regarded as a leading professional in his field. Scott has spent thousands of hours in remote locations across the globe filming and photographing nature, wildlife, the underwater environment and wild places.
He was awarded at the prestigious Wildlife Photographer of the Year in London in 2016, announced National Winner of the Sony World Photography Awards 2016 and Winner at Travel Photographer of the Year 2015. More recently, he was awarded winner in the Animal Behaviour Category at the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year ANZANG 2017, winner in the Underwater Category of the Asferico International Nature Photography Awards 2018 and runner up in the Behaviour Category at Underwater Photographer of the Year 2019. His conservation documentary also took out two awards at the prestigious French Underwater Film Festival in Marseille.
Scott's other notable awards include:
- 3rd Prize - National Geographic Travel Photo Contest - Nature Category 2019
- Winner - 13th Annual Black & White Spider Awards 2018
- Highly Honoured - Nature's Best, Windland Smith Rice International Awards 2018
- Winner - Sony World Photography Awards 2016
Scott has spent over a decade working in the polar regions with a focus on Antarctica and the subantarctic areas producing a unique portfolio of fine art photography. Working in extreme conditions, Scott’s photography provides a rarely seen glimpse above and below the surface in some of the harshest places on the planet.
An accredited licensed RPAS/UAV Pilot, Scott has worked on aerial projects for some of Australia’s most sought-after tourism destinations.
Scott runs photography workshops and lectures to show enthusiasts and experts alike the best way to get the most out of their photography. On his Polar tours he specialises in Nature & Wildlife
photography bringing the best tips and techniques for photographing in challenging locations.
Scott will be joining us as our onboard photography guide on:
- Spirit of Antarctica (ANP127G), departing October 2019
- Spirit of Antarctica (ANP128G), departing November 2019
- Spirit of Antarctica (ANP129G), departing November 2019
- Iceland, Greenland and East Canada (IAR001G), departing September 2020
- Antarctic Explorer (ANP135G), departing in December 2020
- Antarctic Explorer (ANP136G), departing in January 2021
- Antarctic Explorer (ANP137G), departing in January 2021
- Wild Scotland (SCOT16G), departing June 2021
- Orkneys, Faroes, Jan Mayen & Svalbard (SFS001G), departing June 2021
There are no results, try a different filter.