Peter Eastway is a contemporary Australian photographer who is known internationally for his landscape and travel work. A practising professional photographer, he shoots editorially and works selectively in advertising and family portraiture, two diverse ends of the professional sphere.
Peter has been involved in photographic magazine publishing for over 30 years, establishing his own title, Australia’s Better Photography Magazine, in 1995. It is now one of Australia’s leading photography magazines.
Peter’s work has been published and exhibited internationally (USA, UK, Japan, Germany, Greece, India, New Zealand and Australia).
He was the author of the Lonely Planet’s Guide to Landscape Photography. His photography has recently featured on the cover of the Lonely Planet’s guide to Australia, in articles in the Qantas in flight magazine, and in an Apple television commercial. And he has worked with Phase One cameras, researching and promoting its high-end medium format cameras and Capture One raw processing software.
Peter Eastway is an AIPP Grand Master of Photography, a Fellow and an Honorary Fellow of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography, and a Fellow and Honorary Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography. He won the 1996 and 1998 AIPP Australian Professional Photographer of the Year Award.
Peter will be joining us as our onboard photography guide on:
- Wild Antarctica (ANW001G), departing March 2020
- South Georgia & Antarctic Odyssey (ASG80G), departing March 2020
- Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctic Peninsula (FSP001G), departing November 2020
- Spirit of Antarctica (ANP134G), departing November 2020
- Svalbard Odyssey (SVAL53G), departing July 2021
- Franz Josef Land Explorer (FJL002G), departing July 2021