Location: Surry Hills, NSW
Aurora Expeditions is an award-winning, Australian owned expedition company celebrating its 30th anniversary year. A pioneer in Polar Expeditions, Aurora is truly committed to environmentally responsible travel and takes real actions for the care of the planet. Founded on the guiding principles of adventure and endless exploration, the small ship experience is intimate and friendly, and Aurora Expeditions takes guests on transformative experiences to some of the most remote places on earth.
Our current in-house PR Manager is stepping on and up to an exciting new role creating a unique opportunity to have a new PR Manager join the Aurora Expeditions family.
Reporting into the Global Head of Marketing, this exciting role will be responsible for developing, driving and managing Global PR programs that drive awareness of, and ultimately bookings on our voyages. This includes publicity and media relations, and consumer communications. Specialist focus will be on publicity globally across our key source markets:
APAC + USA + UK.
This is an opportunity to innovate, challenge and pioneer the way forward. Creativity and flexibility are a must for this role.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR – YOUR EXPERIENCE
- PR and/or journalism experience and capacity to develop, implement and evaluate strategic publicity and media programs
- Substantial experience in publicity and media relations and stakeholder communications particularly in relation to travel and tourism
- Experience in managing public relations activities and accounts outside of Australia
- Experience in the travel industry (with proven contacts) working with senior level media in Australia
- High level of interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills and capacity to manage media interviews
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptionally strong writing capabilities and ability to deal with and prepare, pitches, press briefings and write media releases and reports
- Ability to build strategic working partnerships and networks to maximise the effectiveness of PR
- Strong leadership skills and capacity to manage and motivate agency partners globally
- High level of project management, organisational and time management skills and capacity to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communications required
- Ability to proactively and effectively manage and solve problems
- High judgement especially in narrow timeframes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinking with the ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage
- Hands on, team player
- Calm and positive under pressure
Please share with us the following documents as part of your application:
- Cover Letter
- 2 x Sample writing pieces
- CV to: [email protected]
Please note: Only suitable candidates with working rights in Australia will be contacted.