World Penguin Day #MyPenguinMoment Photo Competition - Terms & conditions.
1. THE COMPETITION
1. Aurora Expeditions’ “World Penguin Day Competition” is a photography competition.
2. Information on how to enter the competition and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. THE PROMOTER
1. The Promoter is Aurora Travel Pty Limited trading as Aurora Expeditions. Level 2, Suite 12, 35 Buckingham St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 AUSTRALIA. ABN 139 766 911.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the competition or change the terms and conditions at any time, at their discretion.
3. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
1. The competition is open to all users with a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account.
2. Entries are open from Monday 25 April 2016 12:00AM AEST until Monday 09 May 2016 11:59PM AEST.
3. Entrants can submit their photos by posting them onto their own Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
4. No photograph sent directly to Aurora Expeditions will be valid for the competition.
5. When posting their photograph, entrants must add a description to their entry (in the post/tweet/photo description), answering the question ‘What is your favourite thing about penguins?’.
6. Entrants must include the hashtags #MyPenguinMoment and #AuroraExpeditions with their photo. Any entry that does not include both hashtags or incorrectly spelt or incorrectly formatted hashtags will be considered invalid.
7. The hashtags are to be written and appear in the image description field (in the post or tweet).
8. A valid entry is considered as a photograph sahred on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and its description containing the answer to the competition question (see 3.4) AND the hashtags #MyPenguinMoment and #AuroraExpeditions.
9 Any entry without a description or the hashtags #MyPenguinMoment and #AuroraExpeditions will be considered invalid.
10. By submitting an entry to the competition, an entrant warrants that he/she was the sole photographer responsible for taking or otherwise creating each photograph and that he/she is the sole owner of the copyright to such photograph. By entering the competition, the entrant confirms that all persons appearing in the photograph have consented to the entrant submitting the photo as part of this competition.
11. By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have agreed to and shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Employees of Aurora Expeditions or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
2. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
3. Incomplete and indecipherable entries and any entry which has incorrectly entered required information shall be deemed an invalid entry.
4. Images that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, unduly sexually oriented, racially offensive, or that promote a commercial product or service, contain objectionable content or are otherwise considered inappropriate will be deemed invalid and rejected in the absolute discretion of the Promoter. We will not allow entries that portray activities which are contrary to the conservation values of our organisation, especially those relating to animals, local or tribal people or environmental protection.
1. Aurora Expeditions will choose one winner each week of the competition. A total of two (2) winners can win a prize.
2. The two (2) of the most original posts based on the combination of the image and the entrants’ ability to answer the question ‘What is your favourite thing about penguins?’.
3. Aurora Expeditions will select three (3) runner-up photos at the end of the competition who will be eligible for a prize (see 6.2)
4. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries in the case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected as a winner.
5. The selected winners will be contacted by the promoter via the social network the entry was shared on (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
6. The decision of the voting and promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into between the Promoter and the entrants in this respect.
7. The first winner will be contacted 7 days after the competition starting date (25 April 2016). The second winner will be contacted 14 days after the competition starting date.
8. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. The winners will be announced on Aurora Expeditions’ social media profiles including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram once the winners have been notified and claimed.
1. The two (2) main prizes are two (2) Aurora Expeditions’ 2-in-1 Polar Expedition Jackets, each to be given away at the end of each week during which the competition is running. The jackets can be viewed at http://www.auroraexpeditions.com.au/extras/your-expedition-jacket
2. Runner-up prizes will also be given away to the three (3) runner-up photos, respectively a National Geographic Magazine DVD box set and two (2) 75$ Photobook Vouchers.
3. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prizes details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
4. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
7. PRIVACY NOTICE
1. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network.