Inside Sales and Reservations Manager
Location: Sydney, Australia
This key role, reporting directly to the CEO, is responsible for the ongoing performance of the Inside Sales & Reservations team by providing coaching, support and leadership to meet and exceed sales targets. This is a rare opportunity in an iconic Australian company for a strong communicator who can lead our individual staff members to success.
You’ll collaborate and work closely with various teams both internally and globally, and engage with business stakeholders from service providers to agencies.
You’ll also have the ability to merge the day to day activities with the broad strategic goals and prepare the department for the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. Incorporating your strong Reservations Booking and CRM platform experience with robust knowledge of travel agency processes will make you a success in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the team to ensure an exceptional customer experience both pre and post-voyage, including a seamless transition of initial bookings from the Inside Sales to Expedition Reservations.
- Create and maintain a high level of engagement and enthusiasm within the team ensuring all individuals are high performing and meeting agreed KPI’s.
- Drive the development of Expedition Inside Sales and Reservations strategies, policy and processes.
- Implement Expedition Inside Sales and Reservations strategies to ensure sales objectives are achieved and aligned with organisational goals.
What You’ll Need – Essential Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Tourism and/or 5+ years’ experience in a similar management role.
- Experience in managing financial, operational, personnel matters of a department.
- Exceptional team management experience, across various tenures and skills.
- Strong experience of complaints resolution and overcoming objections.
- Sound knowledge of travel agency practices, processes, and technology.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with local and overseas tour operators.
- Solid product knowledge of international destinations, including experience with South American and/or European destinations.
Aurora Expeditions is multi award-winning Australian owned adventure travel company, founded by renowned explorer and mountaineer Greg Mortimer and his wife Margaret. Operating for over 30 years, we are the leaders in immersive small ship travel experiences that embody adventure, exploration and discovery – taking travellers to the most unique and remote parts of the world and we are pioneering sustainability through our care for the planet program.
We deliver extraordinary experiences for our customers and we are looking for someone extraordinary to lead our Inside Sales and Reservations Team. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who gets excited about leading and motivating a team of passionate inbound sales and reservation experts. You must have strong experience leading and driving high performance within a team to deliver and exceed sales targets.
If that is you, we would love to hear from you.
If this role appeals to you, you can review the full job description through the link below.
How to Apply
Head of People, Culture and Expedition Team
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems do you have experience using?
- Which of the following reservation (CR) and distribution (GD) systems do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in travel and tourism?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?