Land of Fire and Ice Trekking9 DAYS from AU$8,140 per person
From the famous geothermal area of Landmannalaugar to Skógar, this path takes us over multi-coloured hills and black sands, along small gullies and great canyons, through verdant valleys, between glaciers and past waterfalls. This is a memorable hike full of contrasts, giving you a chance to absorb the spirit of this remarkable country.
In true expedition style we encourage exploration and adventure, offering flexibility in challenging environments in a way that puts you among the action to see and do as much as possible. This itinerary is only a guide and subject to change due to ice and weather conditions.
LEVEL 1 - Easy Hiking Style
Relatively flat terrain or easy to traverse. No more than two +5-hour hiking days in a row. No hiking experience necessary, however good health and fitness is strongly advised.
- Immerse yourself in Icelandic history at the national shrine of Þingvellir (pronounced "Thingvellir")
- Soak in the natural hot springs of Deildartunguhver
- Witness Mother Nature at work and the ever-changing landscape created by active volcanoes
- Be rewarded with spectacular scenery as you hike to the peaks of mountains and volcanoes
Map & Itinerary
- 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches & 8 dinners
- Standard to Superior hotel and lodge accommodation throughout
- Private transport
- All guide fees and National Park entrance costs
- English-speaking guide throughout
- International or domestic flights to or within Iceland, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Passport, visa, reciprocity fees and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharges
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, and Wi-Fi, email or phone charges
There are no results, try a different filter.
Please contact us for availability.