The climate in Ireland is quite mild throughout the year, making any season suitable for visiting Ireland. On our West Coast of Ireland voyage, we explore the wonders of the west coast of Ireland at the end of spring.
Spring in Ireland is between the months of March to May with average temperatures ranging between 8 – 12°C (46 – 53°F). Towards the end of spring, the temperature will often reach 15 °C (59°F). In May, average temperatures range from 9 – 15°C (48 – 59°F). Long sleeves and a light wind and waterproof jacket are recommended for this time of year.
Each passenger aboard our Irish voyage will receive an expedition jacket when you board the ship. Designed exclusively for Aurora Expeditions, the 3-in-1 jacket offers sophisticated expedition-styling and both the inner and outer jacket, complete with an included ‘drop seat’ allowing for additional comfort when sitting in Zodiacs.
Your jacket will be ready and waiting for you in your cabin when you board your expedition.
- Waterproof, breathable outer shell (600pu waterproofing, and breathability of 8,000grms)
- Waterproof front zipper with handy storm flap on the inside and an anti-chaffing zipper garage at chin
- Two zippered fleece-lined hand warmer pockets
- Drawcord-adjustable drop-tail hem seals in warmth and cuts out wind
- Articulated sleeves for easy movement, even with multi-layers
- Adjustable, fleece-lined hood with laminated visor for good visibility in poor conditions
- Microfleece-lined back of neck and wind flap for next-to-skin comfort
- Fleece-lined pockets with coated, watertight zippers reduce bulk and are easy to access even when wearing a lifejacket
- Full-reach gusset panels under the arms and articulated sleeve panels make layering easy and comfortable
- Easy-to-use velcro cuff tabs
- Lightweight synthetic fill polyester shell inner jacket provides great warmth-to-weight ratio
- Two zippered hand warmer pockets have clean-finished zipper garages; zippered internal chest pocket
- Wind-resistant for comfortable wear without the companion waterproof shell
Expedition Jacket FAQs
I already have a jacket, can I get a refund or order as a gift?
Our jackets are a complimentary gift and therefore you will not be entitled to any refund. If you do not wish to keep the jacket for yourself, you are welcome to order a different size (however please note sizes cannot be changed on board due to change of mind).
What if the jacket doesn’t fit – can I change it on board?
We will have a very limited range of extra sizes on board if your jacket is too small.
What colour are the jackets?
The outer jackets have a blue body and grey arms. The inner jacket is dark grey.
What size should I order?
We suggest ordering a size that you normally wear for jackets. If you are unsure, we suggest you order one size up. Our friendly reservations team are also available to help.
Can I try one on before I order?
We have samples of all sizes at our Sydney office. You are welcome to visit us to try it on for size.
Summer in Ireland
If you decide to extend your stay in Ireland, the average temperature during summer ranges between 16 – 20°C (60 – 68°F). Summer is Ireland’s driest season and July and August experience 18hrs of daylight, with the sun setting around 11pm at night. Although its driest season, expect some showers. Pack a light raincoat and a pair of sunglasses.
For more information, please contact us or your preferred travel advisor.