Have you always dreamt of spotting the majestic polar bear in the Arctic or even meeting a charismatic penguin in Antarctica? Are you passionate about the natural environment and want to shape the visual identity of a rapidly growing adventure travel brand? If any of that sounds tempting, we think this role at Aurora Expeditions could be for you!
Aurora Expeditions is an Australian-owned adventure company founded by renowned mountaineer (the first Australian to summit Everest) and explorer, Greg Mortimer and his wife Margaret. We have always had a passion for adventure, exploring wild places and sharing the experience with our travellers over the past 27 years. Aurora Expeditions aim is simple - to take small groups of travellers on voyages of discovery to regions that inspired them, thereby creating lifelong ambassadors for the preservation and protection of these sacred places. From the European Arctic to Antarctica, Costa Rica to Patagonia, discover why we were voted #1 for best itineraries in 2018 by Cruise Critic.
In October 2019, Aurora Expeditions’ new state of the art expedition ship, the Greg Mortimer, will set sail on its maiden voyage to the Antarctic Peninsula. Aurora Expeditions is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a passionate and driven Business Development Manager to join our vibrant sales team in the UK.
This role will be responsible for developing and managing some business relationships in order to maximize sales revenue via a network of targeted distribution partners and travel agencies.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Identify and establish new, agency trade partnerships and sales growth opportunities within the UK.
- Create & manage a 4-6 week call plan on select targeted travel agencies
- Deliver and manage training and development plans with new and existing partners and agencies, while controlling Aurora Expeditions’ core brand messaging
- Develop flyers and other marketing material, which partners can use to market the Aurora Expeditions’ products to their clients, as required
- Implement and use the Salesforce CRM system to record trade partner contact details, sales and marketing activities
- Generate booking revenue by promoting product and sales messages to our targeted partners
- Maximise Aurora Expeditions’ presence in our targeted distribution partners’ territories by organising and delivering presentations to both trade and consumer groups
- Organize, attend, actively participate at and present at relevant industry trade and consumer events, networking opportunities, and other relevant meetings and seminars, as required
- Maintain relevant and up-to-date knowledge on Aurora Expeditions’ product offerings
- Stay informed of the competitive products in the marketplace, and undertake market, industry and competitive analyses (as required) and share findings with the Sales Director – Europe
- Maintain a current understanding of industry trends, issues, news and share findings the Sales Director – Europe
- Work with a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset: actively seek and implement process improvements
- Ensure compliance to all Company policies
- Assist Sales Director – Europe with adhoc tasks, projects as required
Environment & Position Challenges
- Significant domestic travel within the allocated region or territory will be required for this role. Time management & being a self starter, whilst working remotely will be key to the success of this role.
- Aurora Expeditions is undergoing a period of growth and with this comes the requirement to increase our focus on trade partnership opportunities
- Weekend and evening hours outside of ordinary hours will be required in this role
Key Competencies & Skills Requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Marketing, Sales or similar preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in international travel and tourism sales or marketing, business development, trade partnership management or similar
- Proven experience in establishing and managing relationships with key account decision makers, trade partners and agencies
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, and monitoring sales and marketing budgets
- Experience with call planning
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation and training skills, both face-to-face and remotely
- Ability to develop tailored and targeted communications for both internal and external key influencers/stakeholders
- Product knowledge of international destinations, including experience with South American and/or European destinations
- Previous experience in adventure and/or ship-based travel sector desirable
- In-depth knowledge of the travel industry, its distribution systems, and its current trends and events
- Good working knowledge of competitor activities and strategies
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, including PowerPoint (or similar presentation software)
- Working knowledge of appropriate CRM tools, including but not limited to Salesforce
- Exceptional customer service, rapport and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and partnerships simultaneously and prioritise tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to communicate, present and negotiate at all levels
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work autonomously as well as work well as part of a small team
- Strong attention-to-detail and accuracy
- Enjoy a fast-paced atmosphere, with lots of variety
- Appreciation and respect for natural and cultural environments
If you feel that this role could be for you, please apply with your cover letter, CV, salary/package expectations, along with any other relevant information to: email@example.com.