Aurora Expeditions’ Polar Expedition Jackets
From November 2014 each passenger travelling on our Antarctic or Arctic voyages will receive a complimentary polar expedition jacket to wear during your expedition and take home after your trip.
The stylish 2-in-1 jacket is designed to be worn over your essential base layers and provides a versatile layering system suitable for the conditions to be encountered on our polar expeditions. Both pieces offer sophisticated expedition styling and have been customised exclusively for Aurora Expeditions, complete with an included ‘drop seat’ allowing for additional comfort when sitting in Zodiacs.
Your jacket will be ready and waiting for you in your cabin when you board your expedition.
- Waterproof, breathable outer shell (600pu waterproofing, and breathability of 8,000grms)
- Waterproof front zipper with handy storm flap on the inside and an anti-chaffing zipper garage at chin
- Two zippered fleece-lined hand warmer pockets
- Drawcord-adjustable drop-tail hem seals in warmth and cuts out wind
- Articulated sleeves for easy movement, even with multi-layers
- Adjustable, fleece-lined hood with laminated visor for good visibility in poor conditions
- Microfleece-lined back of neck and wind flap for next-to-skin comfort
- Fleece-lined pockets with coated, watertight zippers reduce bulk and are easy to access even when wearing a lifejacket
- Full-reach gusset panels under the arms and articulated sleeve panels make layering easy and comfortable
- Easy-to-use velcro cuff tabs
- Lightweight synthetic fill polyester shell inner jacket provides great warmth-to-weight ratio
- Two zippered hand warmer pockets have clean-finished zipper garages; zippered internal chest pocket
- Wind-resistant for comfortable wear without the companion waterproof shell
PLEASE NOTE: Jackets are unisex and are designed to be an over-sized fit to allow for easy movement and layering underneath. All measurements below are body measurements, not those of the jacket.
|Your body measurements||XXS||XS||S||M||L||XL||XXL||4XL||6XL||1PLUS*|
|Fits waist (in)
Fits waist (cm)
|Fits hips (in)
Fits hips (cm)
*1PLUS: suitable for full-figured woman, no taller than 5’6”/1.67 metres.
Polar Jacket FAQ
I already have a jacket, can I get a refund or order as a gift?
Our jackets are a complimentary gift and therefore you will not be entitled to any refund. If you do not wish to keep the jacket for yourself, you are welcome to order a different size (however please note sizes cannot be changed on board due to change of mind).
What if the jacket doesn’t fit – can I change it on board?
The sizing chart above provides a good guide and the jackets are sized to a relaxed fit. If you are unsure we suggest you order one size up. We will have a very limited range of extra sizes on board if your jacket is too small.
What colour are the jackets?
The jackets have a blue body and grey arms.
What size should I order?
The sizing chart above provides a good guide and the jackets are sized to a relaxed fit. If you are unsure we suggest you order one size up.
Can I try one on before I order?
We have a small number of sizes in our Sydney office. You are welcome to visit us to try on for size.
For more information please contact our office.